Every brand needs a business needs a marketing strategy in order to succeed. Relying on your intuition only will undoubtedly be the undoing of your business.
Marketing is not a walk in the park especially when you are working on a tight budget. In any case, you will need to make sure that you get a good return on every investment you make.
With a good marketing strategy, you won’t have to worry about losing the little that you have. We have discussed how you can develop an effective marketing strategy that is budget-friendly.
- 1. Determine Your Target Market
- 2. Outline Your Objectives
- 3. Understand Your Sales Funnel
- 4. List Your Main Marketing Campaigns
- 5. Create a clever sales plan
- What Next After Creating a Marketing Strategy?
- Tips to Help You Achieve Success while Marketing on a Budget
1. Determine Your Target Market
Whom will you be selling your products to? What is their location? An idea of what your audience looks like is priceless when it comes to developing a marketing strategy on a budget. Am sure you wouldn’t like to waste a coin on people that are less likely to buy your products or services.
- Knowing your target customers enables you to make use of your resources to reach out to those likely to buy from you.
2. Outline Your Objectives
Your marketing strategy should capture all your goals to help you start on the right foot. Unless your goals are clear, chances are you are shooting in the dark. List down your objectives of the year and classify them accordingly. Identify your short term and long term goals so that you are not overwhelmed.
3. Understand Your Sales Funnel
Developing an effective marketing strategy requires that you know your sales funnel inside out. Here are the questions that can help you understand your sales funnel better:
- How many visitors do you get per month?
- How much do you spend generating leads per month?
- How many leads do you get per month?
- How many leads convert to sales each month?
- How much on average does one lead generate?
- How many opportunities do you get from your leads per month?
4. List Your Main Marketing Campaigns
Chances are you are going to run so many campaigns within the course of the year. You will not have to list them all. However, have this noted too:
- The type of digital marketing you will be using to market your business, generate and retarget leads.
- The type of media you will use to market your business
- A rough estimate of return on investment(ROI)
- The type of tools and software you shall be needing.
5. Create a clever sales plan
- Your target market and customer segment.
- Plan for managing your prospects and customers
- Strategy for creating any new services and products
- Your strategy of making sales through the available revenues.
- Include the number of employees you may need
What Next After Creating a Marketing Strategy?
Until this point, you should be having a completed marketing strategy depending on your budget. So what next? There are several activities that you need to execute:
- Create content for your audience
- Start your marketing campaigns
- Shift to generating and nurturing leads
- Manage your customers
Tips to Help You Achieve Success while Marketing on a Budget
Working on a tight budget? Relax:
1. Embrace Online Marketing
Online marketing especially social media is the most inexpensive form of advertising your business when working under a tight budget. Start building a strong relationship with your target market and customers by frequently sharing content that is of value. Help them solve their problems so that they trust you with your products and services.
2. Reward Your Customers
We all love gifts, don’t we? It is easier selling to your existing customer than selling to a new one. This is because your existing customer trusts your products and services much more. It is for these reasons that you never want to let go of this audience.
There are many ways in which you can reward your customers. Send a thank-you note via email or gift them a coupon code for their next purchase. These acts of kindness will make your clients stay loyal throughout your business development.
3. Make Use of Your Employees
Your employees are part and parcel of your business. Developing a good relationship with people you work with helps your business get a boost by word of mouth. Remember that your employees may help you spot new opportunities and push you to seize them on time before your competitor does.
4. Try Traditional Marketing
Some of the traditional advertising methods include television, newspapers and radio. For you to get a chance to talk about your business on the radio, you will have to work hard at offering value with your products and services. Building relationships with ancient media is a good way to keep a word out there about your business.
5. Manage Your Team
Managing your workforce is an essential part of achieving your business goals. Make sure that you have allocated responsibility to each and every person in the team. Remember to motivate your team now and then, this helps them feel valued and encouraged to work hard to achieve targeted goals.
6. Conduct a Study
One most effective way to conduct a survey is by use of a questionnaire. A questionnaire will help you get a better understanding of your existing and potential customers. Your questions should be short and clear so as to make the process as transparent and easy as possible. Ask your customers about their needs and interests.
- This study will help you improve your existing products or services and even push you to create new products for your audience.
Developing a marketing strategy with a budget in mind will push you to stay focused on achieving results. Re-examining your marketing strategy helps you make modifications that will save you a coin in the long run. Understand that marketing is dynamic, you need continuously be on the lookout for new trends so as to avoid spending on what doesn’t yield results. This is the only way that you are going to make your business a success on a budget.
Want to know more about a Marketing Strategy?
Insight before Action aims to provide the most up to date information around the topics that matter to your brand.
From SEO to Digital Marketing, Data to Content, we provide both help and advice to boost your branding and engage with more of your ideal customers.
If you wish to reach out to us, please use the following email: email@example.com
Remember, not all brands are created equal, so ignite your passion to be better.
Insight before Action, UK